Why Use Direct Mail?
One question that we are frequently asked is “Is direct mail still relevant?”. We believe that this tried and true medium is still effective today for the same reason it was effective 50 years ago. Direct Mail is successful because it is a medium that can effectively target the consumers that you want to bring into your business at a relatively inexpensive cost to you. Direct Mail is also a great compliment to add to any marketing you are currently doing for your business. With the right message and the right target audience, direct mail can be one of the most effective ways of reaching out to new and existing clients to let them know about the products and/or services that your business has to offer. Direct Mail can help you and your business to:
- Expand your markets and gain new clients
- Increase sales
- Supplement your company’s existing marketing
- Educate consumers on your products/services
- Keep in touch with existing clients
- Reach out to inactive accounts
Direct mail is a great way to reach out to a great multitude of people without having to go door to door or pay a telemarketing service to call potential clients. Direct mail is a very non-invasive form of advertising that allows you to convey information to your target audience without the hostility of door to door or telemarketing sales. You allow the customer to view the information on their own time, as opposed to other methods of marketing which can only be conducted during business hours. Think of direct mail postcards as a way to get your foot in the door. These postcards are a way for you to reach out to potential clients who you think may be in need of your product or service. In order to attract the desired response from potential clients, your postcard needs to be designed to:
- Attract Attention– Have a dynamic, attractive card that draws the recipient in
- Arouse Interest– Make the customer curious about your products/services and business
- Call the Recipient to Action– Have a strong message that encourages the recipient to contact you
- Drop at the Correct Time– Timing is everything. Ensuring that your card is being sent out at the optimal time can make or break your marketing campaign
These are just some of the fundamental attributes found in a successful direct mail marketing piece. At Postcard Wizards, we are proficient at customizing direct mail marketing campaigns that are dynamic, eye catching, and effective. Call us today and let us show you how we can give your business a completely customized, one of a kind postcard campaign that will give you the opportunity to reach new customers for your business.